Italy’s securities regulator has allegedly shut down a total of eight crypto-related sites, with six being the foreign exchange platforms and two crypto trading sites. Reportedly, the Italy Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa (CONSOB) has deemed the sites promoting trading products and services illegally in the country.
The list of sites to be blocked include, among others are as below: –
- Trade Com Limited (website https://fxonspot.com);
- “cryptobase” (websites https://cryptobase.ltd and https://cryptobase.life);
- “GotechFX” (website https://gotechfx.com);
- Waltika Partners LTD (websites https://alliance-capital.io and https://alliance-capital.cc);
- GAM Group Ltd – “MarketsFX” (website https://www.marketsfx.it);
- Honest Capital Ltd (website www.profx247.com)
Notably, the Italian regulator has blocked a total of over 100 crypto-related sites since July 2019. Supported by the “Decreto Crescita’ law, the Italian regulator is given access to obstruct Italian investors’ access to online brokers.
Despite that, the Italian authorities have set out to establish cryptocurrency regulation domestically and aim to create a guideline for the regulation of all financial and IT-related firms to regulate their financial transactions via electronic means.
What's Your Reaction?
Nurul is an English Language graduate who is highly passionate on writing, she literally breathes on it. An avid reader and a critical thinker, she covers on blockchain news during day and weeps at sad novels at night.