Imagine going to different websites that require login IDs and passwords, accessing different types of services the internet has to offer. The credentials are yours but not the data ownership. The data are exposed to hackers, exploitation, or sold to third parties.
What if there is a better way to explore the internet? Websites and services built using blockchain technology in a decentralized manner. You control your login credentials and data. That is where MetaMask helps.
A wallet to access it all
MetaMask is a web browser extension allowing you to access the Ethereum blockchain network. It is also a native Ethereum crypto wallet. You can send and receive Ether (ETH) and other cryptocurrencies supported by MetaMask.
It will allow you to access the decentralized applications (DApp) built in the Ethereum blockchain. You will be able to navigate and use different types of DApp like finances, games, collectibles, and more.
Is MetaMask friendly to beginners?
Yes and no. MetaMask may look intimidating for fresh beginners with no basic technical understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology.
The basics of technical knowledge should be common knowledge for anyone engaging with cryptocurrency. It is like, if you want to access the internet, you need to know the types of equipment and services required. You will need things such as mobile phones, browsers, internet connections, and so on.
The same goes for using MetaMask. You need to safe-keep your seed phrase, double-checking addresses, gas consumption, and be mindful of your fund.
How to get MetaMask?
- Head to MetaMask’s official website and click on the download.
- The extension is available for Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and Edge. The app is also available for IOS and Android.
- Once the download and installation are complete, you will see the Get Started window.
- After you click it, you will see a question asking if you are new to MetaMask. The first option is for existing MetaMask users. The second option is for new users.
- Assuming you are a new user, by selecting the second option, a new prompt will ask if you want to help in improving MetaMask. It is totally up to you.
- You will need to create a new password and confirm it.
- #IMPORTANT# You will receive your seed phrase, and please keep it safe. The seed phrase you received is equal to your PIN code, security number, or the key to your house.
- The next step will require you to confirm your seed phrase. Then, congratulations! You can use MetaMask now!
Treat MetaMask as a wallet and not a bank account. A wallet is useful to complete transactions and to keep spare changes. Do you want to keep all your savings in your wallet? Of course not!
What's Your Reaction?
This person is trying to bridge digital assets to the public together with Techcryption.